Budget and Management Reporting Analyst, Management Accountant
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community and inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating and learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW has developed an exciting ten-year strategic plan focused on Academic Excellence, Social Engagement and Global Impact that aims to see it ranked in the Top 50 universities in the world by 2025. The University is currently in an exciting phase of transformation and change. Finance is a significant internal function dedicated to continuing to build a high performance culture whilst delivering excellent finance support.
About the role
- $83K - $89K plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Fixed Term for 12 months
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Management Reporting and Analysis group has oversight and control of budget setting and forecasting as well as management reporting processes to accurately monitor the financial performance of UNSW. This position reports to the Team Leader, Budget & Management Reporting – Faculties & Divisions.
The Management Accountant provides financial services including meeting the regular management reporting, budgeting and forecasting requirements to enable tracking of revenues, expenditures and other key financial indicators. The role also provides financial analysis for Faculties/Divisions as well as translating data into advice and guidance in cooperation with the Faculty/Division Business Partner.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support the development of financial models and spreadsheets to assist the Budget & Management Reporting team to provide detailed analysis and meaningful commentary regarding key issues.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for presentations as well as monthly and quarterly financial management packs and deliver them in line with timetable and quality parameters including ensuring our reporting system reflect the relevant information.
- Ownership and completion of month end activities including accrual and prepayment journals.
- Assist in the documentation of formal guidelines, policies and procedures where it will assist service delivery.
- Provide support for ad hoc analysis, discreet tasks (project management) and coordinate key stakeholders.
- Liaise with stakeholders to foster and maintain a customer focused service delivery culture and deliver analysis, financial projections and budget advice.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and progressing towards CA or CPA qualifications (or equivalent) and/or relevant professional sector experience.
- Demonstrated experience in management reporting, budgeting and forecasting in a large commercial organisation or a similar role within a group or divisional financial planning and analysis team or management reporting team.
- Knowledge of computer applications, budgeting, forecasting and reporting tools and the delivery of online reports, particularly proficiency in Microsoft Excel and its application in financial modelling and analysis.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience working with a broad range of stakeholders/customers.
- Ability to rapidly absorb information and utilise it to analyse, interpret and integrate ambiguous and complex data as well as to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Pras Nadkarni, Team Leader Budget & Management Report
Applications close: 25 March 2018