4 days left
- Full Time
- Full-time, Continuing position
- Located at Bendigo Campus
- $63,424 - $71,423 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The College of Science, Health and Engineering comprises 9 Schools and 16 Departments across La Trobe’s multi-campus operations. The College offers a range of general and specialist undergraduate and postgraduate courses that are rigorous and attuned to meeting the needs of students in ensuring their readiness to work in changing environments.
About the position
Reporting to the Team Leader, Regional Science Operations, this position will have responsibility for the provision of a range of technical services and advice, to ensure the effective maintenance of the capability and operation of research and teaching laboratories, in the Departments of Community and Allied Health, Nursing and Pharmacy and Applied Science at the Bendigo Campus.
Skills and Experience
- A Health or Science degree, or an equivalent alternation combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the maintenance of teaching and/or research equipment/facilities.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills to enable effective communication, negotiation and consultation with a wide range and level of customers.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and prioritising tasks to meet deadlines, both independently and as a member of a team.
- Experience working in laboratories in an education environment is desirable but not essential.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 25 March 2018 by 11.00 pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Barbara Udale, +61 3 5444 7399 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria located in the Position Description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 3 9479 1241 or email@example.com
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.