UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers many opportunities and attractive benefits, including:
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Australian bush land setting with FREE parking
- FREE Onsite GYM and Indoor Sports Centre
- Strong commitment to staff development and learning
- Strong commitment to work life and family balance
- Generous superannuation and salary packaging opportunities
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work
The position is situated within the School of Engineering and Information Technology at the University of NSW, Canberra. As a community of engineering academics, our mission is to educate Australia’s future technology decision-makers through research-informed education at the undergraduate, postgraduate, and higher degree by research levels.
To capitalise on our unique position, expertise, and interdisciplinary nature, the School aims for excellence in four specific strategic themes:
- Technology Decision Making
- Aerospace Engineering
- Engineering for Resilience
- Cyber Secure Technologies
Our staff in the disciplines of aeronautical, civil, electrical, and mechanical engineering, as well as aviation, computer science and cyber security interact with the Capability Systems Centre, Australian Centre for Cyber Security, and UNSW Canberra Space Research to develop interdisciplinary research programs.
About the role
- Level 5: $71,451 - $80,850 - Level 6: $83,653 - $89,238 (9.5% Super)
- Fixed Term until 31 January 2019 (maternity leave placement)
- Full-time - 35 hours
The Head of School Office in the School of Engineering and IT, has a vacancy for an experienced Executive Assistant. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is seeking to broaden their experience in a diverse and fast-paced environment.
The Executive Assistant will be highly autonomous and have the capacity to deal, simultaneously, with several complex projects that require demanding calendaring; scheduling complex meetings and working with two busy mailbox accounts. This role will work with other key roles to coordinate events and other activities as they relate to the Head of School and executive members.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Experience in providing timely and effective support to a busy executive
- Demonstrated knowledge of business systems and practices; and a proven ability to act with discretion, maintain confidentiality and exercise initiative
- A tertiary qualification or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through a combination of relevant experience and/or training
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Manager, Administration Support Group
T: 02 6268 8227
Applications close: 25 March 2018