Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Education
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Division of the DVC (Academic) is a large portfolio covering a wide range of activities supporting the student experience, the needs of academic staff and international operations. Within the DVC(A), the Office of the PVC Education provides leadership in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives in learning and teaching through the enhancement of approaches to curriculum design and delivery, the effective use of online technologies, the design and management of effective learning environments for students and the development and renewal of academic policies and quality assurance processes. The Office of the PVC(E) works collaboratively with the faculties, schools and divisions to implement the 2025 Strategic Plan and drive enhancements to the student experience, educational and career outcomes.
About the role
- Attractive salary plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
The Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in the Academic Development Services team will provide academic support and advice to the Director, Academic Development Services and to the PVC (Education). The incumbent will make an active contribution to professional development of staff by co-ordinating and teaching into award and non-award programs offered by the Portfolio; running seminars and workshops for staff; contributing to professional development events run by the Centre; and developing stand-alone resources for professional development.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A PhD, preferably in an area related to learning and teaching in higher education.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the scholarship of academic development and learning and teaching in higher education with demonstrated expertise in using research-led approaches to develop materials to enhance teaching and learning practices.
- Demonstrated experience and success in managing multidisciplinary teams and large-scale, complex, effective, research-based, academic learning and development strategies and projects that involve change and innovation.
- Demonstrated leadership of successful scholarly and higher education innovation change projects.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
A/Prof Marina Harvey, Director Academic Development Services
T: (61 2) 9385 3062
Applications close: 20 March 2018