Design and Communications Officer
2 days left
- Full Time
Centre for Veterinary Education
Faculty of Science
- Be valued for your exceptional contribution
- Full time, ten-month contract with the potential to extend, Camperdown/Darlington Campus
- Base Salary: Level 5, $71,348 p.a. plus leave loading and a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Marketing and Sales Manager, the Design and Communications Officer is responsible for providing a high level of graphic design across a broad range of web, digital and print applications; and delivering marketing initiatives and campaigns to support membership and enrolments.
The position creates user experiences that are engaging, dynamic and reputation enhancing across a range of platforms, working collaboratively with the Marketing Team to ensure that the work produced meets the requirements of the CVE.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Design and Communications Officer who possesses:
- Experience producing a broad range of printed and digital publications from template and layout structure through to draft process, finished art, production and delivery.
- Experience using electronic publishing technology including high-level desktop publishing skills in Adobe Creative Suite, in particular InDesign and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of front end web development and experience in managing websites; knowledge of content management systems, HTML and CSS required.
- Experience in using email marketing and/or email marketing automation software
- Experience using digital media to reach and engage target audiences.
- Highly developed written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with capacity to work independently and as an integrated member of a team.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills with a strong detail to focus and ability to deliver to a deadline.
Please refer to the Candidate Information Pack for a detailed Position Description. To be considered, it is essential that you upload a resume and address the online selection criteria.
The Sydney School of Veterinary Science is an internationally renowned provider of education and research and has staff and students based on Main Campus at Camperdown and the University’s Camden campus. A key contributor to world best practice in the care and welfare of animals for more than 100 years, our ongoing success is a result of the contribution of our innovative team of academic and professional staff members.
The Centre for Veterinary Education (CVE), located in the Sydney School of Veterinary Science, is committed to providing high quality continuing education and practical and applied professional development to the veterinary profession and allied groups that assist in animal care and welfare. It is recognized as one of the world’s leading providers or continuing veterinary education through ongoing innovation and development, and was established primarily for veterinarians who wanted to be better in their field and aware of the latest scientific advances in the profession.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 6000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change, which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 340/0218F to apply.
Closing date: 11:30 pm 25 March 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.