Technical Officer, Exercise and Sports Science
3 days left
- Part Time
- Continuing, Part Time (0.5FTE)
- School of Health, Medical and Applied Sciences
- CQUniversity Mackay
- Total Remuneration $38,370 to $43,163 pa (inclusive of 17% superannuation and 12.96% leave loading)
Your New School:
The School of Health, Medical and Applied Sciences encompasses psychology, allied health, safety science, environmental health, health promotion and accident forensics. We are continuing to develop and deliver a broad spectrum of courses in the fields of applied science, medical science, environmental science, exercise and sport science, paramedic science, medical imaging, medical sonography, oral health and chiropractic. All courses are taught by enthusiastic staff with extensive industry experience, expertise in research, teaching and consulting in their areas of interest.
Your New Role:
- Providing assistance and advice to staff and students in the use of exercise and sports science equipment and facilities and providing assistance with practical training in laboratory procedures.
- Setting up and maintaining exercise and sports science laboratories, workshops, facilities and associate equipment including establishing requirements and undertaking planning, assembling and testing equipment, undertaking general cleaning, services and repairs, maintaining records and data and coordinating resource availability.
You Will Be:
- A self-motivated professional who communicates well and gains job satisfaction from coaching others and fostering students’ professional development.
- An innovative, safety-focused thinker who thinks outside the box and proactively seeks to identify improvements to work processes.
You Will Have:
- Completed a degree without subsequent relevant work experience; or completion of an associate diploma and at least two years subsequent relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated commitment and knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety requirements and demonstrated ability to work in compliance with OHS provisions.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver specialist technical support including facilities and equipment management across the exercise and sports science disciplines, with proven ability to carry out work in accordance with relevant Australian standards, codes and legislation.
- Proven communication skills with the ability to liaise and consult effectively with students and clients at all levels in order to identify requirements and effectively plan and deliver laboratory activities and programs.
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32389
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Thursday, 22 March 2018
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria and Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.