Research Technician, Boston University Biological Design
Boston University, Biological Design center has an opening for a Research Technician to join the Tissue Microfabrication Laboratory of Dr. Christopher S. Chen. Dr. Chen’s laboratory uses a combination of tissue engineering, genetics, stem cells, imaging, and molecular biology to model and dissect the mechanisms of vascular and kidney disease in vitro. The successful applicant will support ongoing projects in using microfluidic organ-on-chip devices to model perfused blood vessels and uncover fundamental biological mechanisms of disease. This position provides an excellent opportunity for scientific learning, enhancing research skills and working in a dynamic team oriented environment for a recent graduate or a more experienced applicant.
- Maintain primary cell cultures.
- Fabrication of microfluidic devices used for the model blood vessels.
- Work with graduate students and postdoctoral fellows on research projects, using a variety of standard cell biological techniques
- Maintaining lab catalogs, supplies, equipment, protocols, and general lab stocks
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in bioengineering, biology or related field.
- Proficiency in mammalian cell culture.
- Experience with microfluidics, micropatterning, or other related fabrication technologies.
- Strong work ethic, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills
Candidates who also have one or more of the following will be preferred:
- MS degree or higher in biology, cell biology, biochemistry, or related field
- Experience as a full-time lab technician
- Experience with primary mammalian cell culture, fluorescence microscopy, PCR, plasmid construction, western blots, Matlab, SolidWorks and AutoCAD
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY TO THE BOSTON UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCES WEBSITES. Please send an email to BMEjobs@bu.edu and include the following: (a) a cover letter, (b) a current C.V., and (c) three letters of recommendation from scientists familiar with your work. The initial appointment is for one year with the possibility of renewal on a yearly basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location Boston , Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular