Clinical Educator, Teaching Specialist, Clinical/Practitioner
- Classification: Academic Level B
- Salary Range: Academic Level B: $92,746 - $110,134 pa
- Employment Type: Fixed-term, full-time, available until 31 December 2018
- Position Reports to: Professor Rural Medical Education
- Please Direct Application Enquiries to: Professor Lucie Walters
- Closing Date: 11.00 am, Wednesday 21 March 2018
This Teaching Specialist (Clinical/Practitioner) position, with its primary focus on teaching and teaching-related activities drawing on contemporary/professional practice, has an important role to play in the University’s achievement of its strategic plan, Making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda.
The University is committed to a student-centred ethos and to developing creative, enterprising, career-ready graduates prepared to become lifelong contributors to society.
In accordance with the strategic plan, the University seeks to:
- deliver a richly interactive and personalised approach to learning focussed on student success;
- be an international leader in educational innovation, advanced learning technologies and learning analytics; and
- develop enterprising graduates equipped with the skills required for success in the knowledge economy.
The Australian Government provides funds under the Rural Health Multi-Disciplinary Training initiative to promote and increase rural and regional healthcare training. Flinders Rural Health SA (FRHSA) coordinates and facilitations rural training for undergraduate medical students on placements in Mt Gambier, the Riverland, Barossa Valley and Hills/Mallee/Fleurieu regions. Additionally, Flinders RHSA has a Mount Gambier/Riverland training hub for prevocational medical training.
The Clinical Educator will provide rural clinical education with a focus on teaching clinical skills and knowledge through clinical simulation, Indigenous health and educational research. This Clinical Educator will work collaboratively with academics, clinicians and professional staff to coordinate and facilitate the training programs and assessment requirements for Mount Gambier/Riverland hub. The Clinical Educator will make a contribution to attracting competitive research funding and publishing research findings.
The Clinical Educator will be responsible to the Professor of Rural Medical Education, FRHSA and will liaise with and/or report to various committees, including the Assessment Sub-committee of the Medical Education Committee and the Mt Gambier and Districts Health Services/FRHSA Partnership Committee.
Information For Applicants:
You are required to provide a submission of no more than three pages, stating how your current and/or recent experience meet the requirements of the position description.