Budget and Planning Analyst
Strategy, Planning & Resources
Faculty of Arts
Salary: $88,171 - $95,444 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About The Faculty of Arts, Strategy, Planning and Resources
The Strategy, Planning and Resources (SPR) team partners with Faculty staff to enable the achievement of strategic and operational goals through planning, evaluation, budgeting, financial management and OHS, facilities and records management advice and support. The three service areas in SPR are:
- Budgets & Planning
- Business Analytics & Evaluation
- OHS, Facilities & Records
About the role
The Faculty of Arts Strategy, Planning & Resources (SPR) team is responsible for facilitating programs and functions in the Budgets & Planning, Business Analytics and OHS & Facilities portfolios. Arts SPR seeks to support business operations and the achievement of Faculty strategic and operational goals through the provision of high quality business support services and business partnering.
Reporting to the Manager, Budgets and Planning, the Budgets and Planning Analyst provides business partnering services to the leaders of the Faculty. The role will be a key adviser to managers on matters relating to workforce costing, budget development and management reporting. This will involve supporting the development of financial literacy and best practice within the Division.
The Budget and Planning Analyst plays a key role in the development and delivery of the Faculty’s Financial Plan and Budget. The Analyst also prepares the Faculty’s Budget Allocation Model which involves the collection, organization and analysis of Faculty and School financial data and budget drivers.
The role will be an innovator in the Faculty community with the ability to provide insight from the analysis of financial information. The incumbent contributes to the alignment of the Divisional budget to support delivery on key strategic priorities. As a contributor to the University community this role will work in partnership with Faculty, Chancellery and University Services to ensure we have the systems to support the Faculty to deliver on its key strategic objectives.
About you - skills and attributes will be highly regarded:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and or equivalent mix of education and relevant experience
- CPA or Chartered Accountant
- Demonstrated experience in budget modelling and forecasting in the higher education sector.
- Demonstrated experience in using financial systems such as Oracle Financials (including Hyperion Planning) and the ability to generate timely customised reports for management on budget, actual and forecast.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and manipulating data using tools including Excel, Access or equivalent, and experience in data extraction from enterprise platforms such as Hyperion
- Sophisticated understanding of, and the ability to interpret, financial information within a higher education context.
- Demonstrated aptitude for project management and motivation including an ability to work under pressure when dealing with a variety of tasks, conflicting priorities and multiple deadlines
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 29 Mar 2018
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria