1 day left
- Full Time
Brain and Mind Centre
Sydney Medical School
- Fantastic opportunity to provide administrative support to headspaceCamperdown
- Full time, fixed term opportunity to June 2018 with potential for extension subject to funding
- Remuneration package: $65K p.a. which includes leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
The role of the Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative support and assistance to clinical and non-clinical staff at headspace Camperdown. The Administrative Assistant is often the first point of contact with the young consumers of the service, and so requires a friendly and helpful attitude.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for an Administration Assistant who has:
- administrative/reception experience in a health or medical centre/service
- demonstrated high quality organisational and administrative skills
- good interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal with respect and courtesy with people from diverse backgrounds
- good written and verbal communication skills
- ability to use a desktop computer, with familiarity with the Microsoft Windows environment and Microsoft Office applications and capacity to learn how to use a new clinical software package for keeping of electronic client records
- relevant training/ qualification in administrative support, medical reception or similar (advantageous but not essential)
headspace is Australia's National Youth Mental Health Foundation. The headspace mission is to deliver improvements in the mental health, social wellbeing and economic participation of young Australian’s aged 12-25 (www.headspace.org.au). To this end, headspace aims to be the focal point for youth mental health issues across the country. This includes providing funding to improve services for young people who may be experiencing mental health and/or drug and alcohol issues and the latest information about these important health issues for young people.
headspace is aiming to achieve this through the 100 funded headspace services located in each state and territory across Australia. These services provide an entry point for young people to access a broad range of services which are available in their local community. All of whom have a focus on providing a more integrated service responses.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth.We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm 20 March 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
©The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.