Network Operations Engineer
Tracking Code 5601/C0618
Network Operations Engineers (NOEs) are responsible for the day-to-day delivery of communications infrastructure spanning data, video, and voice. NOE III’s provide mature and time-proven technical and collaborative skills in the delivery and maintenance of communications infrastructure and services. Additionally, NOEs III contributes to the development and implementation of processes and procedures associated with configuration changes, operational sustainment, and monitoring and managing resource requirements. NOE III’s also mentor less experienced coworkers.
- Manage network infrastructure at BU campuses and satellite locations.
- Work closely with other Network Services Architects and Engineers in the development of networking standards and solutions in response to needs.
- Help ensure the highest level of network performance, including reliability, scalability, affordability, and security.
- Ensure documentation is complete, updated, and archived as necessary.
- Coach less senior coworkers
- BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- CCNA/CCNP or equivalent experience
- Participate in 7x24 on-call support rotation
Thorough knowledge of (5-8 years of experience with)
- Routing & switching technology
- BGP, OSPF, TACACS, RADIUS, DNS, DHCP, IPv6, Load balancers, Firewalls
- Cisco Wired, Wireless, Datacenter Technologies, VoIP, CLI
- F5, Palo Alto, VMware, Linux, MSOS
- Zenoss, Rancid, Cacti, MRTG, ServiceNow
- Network troubleshooting
Strong technical, analytical, organizational, & collaborative skills; ability to work under pressure and manage concurrent challenges effectively
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular