Research Associate in Chemical Engineering
7 days left
- Full Time
- Great opening for a recent PhD graduate looking to grow their research career, and work with award-winning researchers, industry and government personnel.
- Salary range: Level A $68,452 - $92,497 p.a.
- 12 month fixed term appointment with the possibility of extension to another 12 month
Faculty of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences
Department of Chemical Engineering
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
The Department of Chemical Engineering is renowned for its award-winning researchers, teachers and facilities. The broad-based undergraduate and postgraduate programs are complemented by a wide range of research activities. The Department is a leader in developing graduates in the critical industries of energy, oil and gas.
About the opportunity
This new position will have you participate in and coordinate experimental and modelling research associated with gas hydrates and flow assurance relative to the oil and gas industry.
You will be expected to coordinate project reports for funding agents and, as appropriate, support or lead the writing of peer reviewed academic publications arising from the research work. You will also be expected to identify and propose new research directions.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- A PhD in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, chemistry, petroleum engineering, or related field
- Strong publication track record;
- Well-developed written and oral communications skills;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team; and
- Willingness to co-supervise research students.
As an excellent communicator in both written and oral communications skills, you will have the ability to engage and build relationships with relevant industry and funding bodies outside the University, as well discipline group within the University. Prior experience working in a similar laboratory environment and supervising research students will be highly regarded.
Closing date: Wednesday, 28 March 2018.
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Full details of the position’s responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.