Laboratory Coordinator, Child Language Lab
4 days left
- Part Time
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia’s leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We’ve helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing the Australia’s first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you’ll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by a beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
Macquarie’s Faculty of Human Sciences holds a distinctive place on the global stage. With several internationally acclaimed centres producing ground-breaking research in areas like linguistics, psychology, cognitive science and education, our faculty is a place of passionate educators and unbridled discovery. Supported by state-of-the-art facilities including the Australian Hearing Hub, we work together to investigate and answer some of the big questions about what makes us human.
The Faculty is home to the ARC Centre of Excellence in Cognition and its Disorders (CCD), the Centre for Language Sciences (CLaS), and the Child Language Lab (CLL) (Distinguished Professor Katherine Demuth, Director).
We are seeking a proactive, enthusiastic person with excellent spoken and written communication skills to coordinate and manage research activities and general running of the Child Language Lab in the Department of Linguistics. The Child Language Lab carries out experimental research on language perception and production, using a wide variety of methods and techniques to better understand the mechanisms underlying the process of language acquisition. The group is located at the Australian Hearing Hub on Macquarie University campus. It has close collaborative links with the ARC Centre of Excellence for Cognition and its Disorders (CCD), the National Acoustic Laboratories (NAL), the Shepherd Centre, RIDBC, and various research groups within the Departments of Cognitive Science, Psychology and Linguistics.
The position is funded as part of Prof. Demuth’s ARC Laureate Fellowship.
To be considered for this position, applicants must respond to the selection criteria below and attach this as a separate document in the application process. Please also attach your CV, and a statement of interest. For further information regarding this role, please view the position description below.
- Degree in Linguistics, Psychology, Education, or related discipline.
- Previous experience working with children.
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and multitask.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively within a team.
- Highly developed IT skills including proficiency with the MS Office suite, database management, and social media platforms.
- Experience with PRAAT acoustical analysis software and/or R statistical analysis software.
- Experimental research experience.
- Occasional weekend and/or evening availability for testing of school-aged participants.
- Basic graphic design skills.
Employment in this position is conditional upon holding a Working with Children Check Clearance.
Salary Package: HEW Level 6 - $80,231 to $88,561 plus 9.5% superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: Part-time (3 days per week), 1 year fixed term appointment to start as soon as possible
Specific Role Enquiries: Nan Xu on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9850 9651
General Recruitment Enquiries: Melissa Kruup on email@example.com or 02 9850 4880
Applications Close: Wednesday, 21 March 2018 at 11.55pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Education Other Research Related jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Languages, Literature & Linguistics Other Research Related jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Psychology Other Research Related jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Social Sciences Other Research Related jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Arts & Humanities Other Research Related jobs in Sydney