Purchasing Officer, Estate Management
5 days left
- Full Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Estate Management (EM) has responsibility for the planning, delivery and operation of the physical estate of UNSW, including campus planning, infrastructure planning, development, construction, refurbishment, maintenance, environmental and space management. Estate Management also provides a wide range of logistic and associated services to ensure a safe and secure campus environment.
About the role
- $71,451K-$80,850K plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term until date
- Full-time - 35 hours per week
The Purchasing Officer provides purchasing support and expertise to all Estate Management staff. The role also ensures the efficiency, integrity and accuracy of the purchasing process across the Estate Management Team. The Purchasing Officer reports to the Commercial Manager Capital Projects and Operations (Estate Management) and has nil direct reports. The role has a strong relationship with the core Buying Group within Estate Management (procurement/ purchasing).
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- A Certificate/Diploma in Accounting and/or at least 3 years’ experience in basic accounting functions including purchasing, vendor creation, receipting and processing accounts in a large and complex organisation
- Strong customer service and written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to work within a small team and interact effectively with a diverse range of people
- Strong administrative and organisational skills and demonstrated ability to problem solve and exercise initiative
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with a proven ability to deal with multiple tasks establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyse and solve administrative problems to provide accurate and appropriate outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to interpret, apply and advise on policy guidelines around purchasing
- Attention to detail and accuracy with demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills
- Sound computer literacy including a sound understanding of MS Excel, knowledge of NSF (PeopleSoft) or similar ERP system
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Applications close: COB, 26 March 2018