Senior Technical Specialist, Audio Visual
- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Infrastructure Services, University Services
Salary: $79,910 – $86,499 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Senior Technical Specialist (Audio Visual) is a member of the Audio Visual Service and Strategy (AVSS) Team which sits within the Infrastructure Services portfolio.
About the role
The University has adopted a single service provider approach to the provision of Audio Visual support for all University teaching and professional spaces. The Audio Visual Service and Strategy (AVSS) team is undertaking this responsibility by extending its existing, well established audio/visual technical support services to all University teaching and professional spaces in a broad program across the University and regional campuses. An AV lifecycle upgrade project is now underway to standardise and upgrade Audio Visual Technologies across all teaching and learning spaces within the University. The anticipated end date of the project is December 2018.
The Senior Technical Specialist will be a key position towards the delivery of these project objectives by contributing dedicated technical expertise in the service delivery.
- A relevant tertiary qualification and subsequent relevant experience in one or more of the following fields: Information Technology (IT), Audio-Visual (AV) Technology
- Extensive technical knowledge of the development, installation, operation, and maintenance of AV and related IT equipment within student-centred teaching and learning environments and delivering problem based solutions using this equipment
- Demonstrated ability to perform system administration for PC and/or Mac operating systems (current standards are Microsoft Windows and Mac OSX) and to diagnose faults, referring to specialist when necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to support AV/IT systems integration and installation projects; maintain excellent working relationships with senior project personnel; and liaise with external suppliers and University staff outside the immediate work group
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 20 Mar 2018
Position Description & Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Computer Science Other Professional Services jobs in Melbourne University
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Other Professional Services jobs in Melbourne University
- Fixed Term Communication & Media Studies Other Professional Services jobs in Melbourne University
- Fixed Term Social Sciences Other Professional Services jobs in Melbourne University