- Part-time (40%), Continuing position
- Located at the Bendigo Campus
- $63,424 - $71,423 (FTE) per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The College of Science, Health and Engineering comprises 9 Schools and 16 Departments across La Trobe’s multi-campus operations. The College offers a range of general and specialist undergraduate and postgraduate courses that are rigorous and attuned to meeting the needs of students in ensuring their readiness to work in changing environments.
About the position
You will work as an integral member of the Placements Operations team, who coordinate professional experience opportunities for the Regional Campuses for all Allied Health and Nursing students. The main function of this role is to coordinate, process and track placement requests to allocate students and liaise with various stakeholders. You will act as the main contact point for students, staff and placement agencies to assist with enquiries and provide support and guidance with this process. You will also provide a range of administrative functions such as word processing, drafting routine correspondence, organise meetings and maintain relevant University data bases and systems.
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a degree with subsequent relevant work experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated capacity to organise work effectively and efficiently, prioritise tasks and deliver outputs in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality customer services, prioritise customer requirements and an ability to liaise with a diverse customer base.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues, internal stakeholders and external providers.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 18 March 2018 by 11.00pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Tammy Miatke, +61 3 5444 7412 or email@example.com
Please submit a cover letter, resume and a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria located in the Position Description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 3 9479 1241 or firstname.lastname@example.org
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.