Assistant or Associate Professor of Architecture
Assistant or Associate Professor of Architecture School
Harvard Graduate School of Design
The GSD is soliciting candidates for a faculty position in the Department of Architecture. The successful candidate or candidates will provide leadership for the department in the area of professional practice.
The successful candidate would contribute to the on-going development of the GSD’s practice curriculum, both in its degree programs and executive education offerings, as well as development and promulgation of knowledge in the practice area through teaching and research.
Among the activities envisioned for this role are the following:
- Development and teaching of courses in professional practice addressing subjects such as design strategy; environmental conditions; infrastructures; systems of logistics and information; regulatory context for the built environment; entrepreneurialism; and the cultural/spatial project of the City, through the lens of design, design practice, and societal change.
- Articulation of the evolving relationships between the Profession, the Academy, Business/Industry and the many publics served by architects and allied disciplines.
- Participation in the on-going dialog, internal assessments and developments related to the GSD’s accreditation by NAAB, and other state and national accreditation/registration bodies (NCARB, etc.).
- Engagement with GSD Executive Education programs as applicable.
Applications will be reviewed beginning on March 15, 2018 (and can continue to be submitted thereafter). The GSD is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from candidates with experience teaching and working with diverse students.
Ideally, candidates for this position will hold a Master in Architecture and either a Business or Law degree. Candidates should also have relevant work experience in an architectural arena – public, institutional and/or private, as well as a record of scholarship related to the practice of architecture. Professional licensure is desirable but not a pre-requisite.
Additional Qualifications Special Instructions Contact Information
Faculty Affairs Coordinator
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Minimum Number of References Required 3 Maximum Number of References Allowed 5 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Statement of Research
- Publication 2
- Publication 3