Head of Estates
Head of Estates
The New Model in Technology & Engineering (NMiTE) is creating the brightest and boldest start-up in higher education anywhere in the world. As Head of Estates, you will be key to supporting the development of the institution's campus as part of what will be a unique student experience.
Today, technology is not just changing what we do, but who we are. Mastering technology to address the challenges of tomorrow demands a new kind of engineer. And that demands a new kind of engineering higher education. At NMiTE our mission is to find, equip and empower a new generation of minds from diverse backgrounds to meet these challenges. If this mission excites you, join the select leadership team that's making it a reality.
Purpose of the Role
To ensure that the Estates and Facilities are strategically focused to support the achievement of NMiTE’s key objectives in the development of the estate and its services; develop robust and efficient systems and processes relating to all aspects of its activities. Deliver a strong service ethos which places students and staff and other clients at the forefront of all its activities.
Provide a comprehensive estate planning and management service and a range of facilities support services, in order to ensure that NMiTE’s land and property assets and related physical resources are capable of supporting the academic and other business of the institution, safely, effectively and efficiently.
- Develop and oversee the delivery of the Masterplan, to time and budget, ensuring that physical spaces reflect the pedagogical and social/well-being principles of the institution.
- Responsible to the COO for the Estate budget.
- Manage the campus estate as it matures.
- Liaise with academic and other colleagues to define the student experience and working spatial needs of the academic programme.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team to design and deliver teaching, administrative and residential space.
- Procure and manage advisers, contractors and suppliers to deliver the campus successfully.
- Collaborate with the Head of Digital Environment to create strategic and actionable roadmaps and associated planning documents that maps strategic priorities to digital capabilities in order to deliver compelling user experiences.
- Provide leadership, coaching and direction to the Estates team and define the professional skills development programme for Estates staff to ensure appropriate skills and forward development.
- To collaborate with the CEO and other SLT members to deliver success.
- High level strategic planning and organisational skills, including forward planning and forecasting
- Member of Finance & Infrastructure Committee and Property Guidance Group
- Principal point of contact with Herefordshire Council Planning Team
You will be educated to degree standard in a relevant discipline (architecture, building, engineering, facilities management, project management, surveying or similar). Appropriate postgraduate and/or professional qualifications in a relevant discipline, including MBA is desirable.
Demonstrate a sound understanding of general management techniques in a large and complex organisation, with a proven ability to develop and lead an effective and well-motivated, multi-disciplinary and multi-task estates and facilities team.
We aim to create a unique and extraordinary work environment for employees and offer a competitive and comprehensive remuneration package.
RWB Global have been formally selected as our Recruitment Partner and will manage all enquiries and applications.
For further information and to apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your current CV with covering letter to email@example.com.