Head of Digital Environment
Head of Digital Environment
The New Model in Technology & Engineering (NMiTE) is creating the brightest and boldest start-up in higher education anywhere in the world. As Head of Digital Environment, you will be key to designing and providing the digital and technological infrastructure that will support a new generation of learning.
Why NMiTE? Because we believe that today, technology is not just changing what we do, but who we are. Mastering technology to address the challenges of tomorrow demands a new kind of engineer. And that demands a new kind of engineering higher education. Our mission at NMiTE is to find, equip and empower a new generation of minds from diverse backgrounds to meet these challenges. If this mission inspires you as it does us, join the select leadership team that's making it a reality.
Purpose of the Role
Ensure the institution is provided with a digital and information strategy and technology vision; provide leadership and direction in the development, planning, implementation and ongoing management of the forward IT and digital strategic vision.
- Produce, in collaboration with academic leaders, the design, delivery and maintenance of the Digital Learning strategy and associated experiences for the institution. The Digital Learning strategy will include optimising the mix of on-premises and cloud-based services, vendor and partner interactions and agreements
- provide strategic direction for innovation in IT and the fulfilment of the digital strategy
- work in collaboration with the Head of Estates to create strategic and actionable roadmaps and associated planning documents that maps digital capabilities to strategic priorities in order to deliver compelling user experiences
- liaise with academic and other colleagues to define the digital Student Experience and technology needs of the academic programme
- develop and deliver the digital strategy, liaising with the Chief Academic Officer on digital learning
- procure advisers, contractors and suppliers to deliver the onsite digital needs of the campus
- specify, procure and manage systems, communications including telecoms, software, middleware, and hardware (servers to laptops & tablets)
- collaborate with CEO and other Senior Leadership Team members to deliver success
- responsible to the COO for the IT budget.
You will hold a Postgraduate degree or equivalent education in IT, technical or other related subjects. Possess a strong technical background with a proven track record of implementing and supporting physical IT infrastructure (proven experience of managing change/transformation/modernisation/3rd party vendors and outsourced services), coupled with a strong understanding of current and upcoming IT industry trends and their implications for NMiTE.
An excellent communicator you will be confident in taking both a hands on and leadership role, with ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and to influence at all levels to board level.
Strategically minded and able to deliver and embed quickly; be able to communicate and understand requirements and how to translate and implement at all levels - end users, technical teams, stakeholders.
We aim to create a unique and extraordinary work environment for employees and offer a competitive and comprehensive remuneration package.
RWB Global have been formally selected as our Recruitment Partner and will manage all enquiries and applications.
For further information and to apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your current CV with covering letter to email@example.com.