Data Manager, Information and Systems
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Estate Management (EM) provides a range of services and advice to all Faculties and Divisions on all campuses (excluding Canberra). It does this by providing campus planning, infrastructure planning, development, construction, refurbishment, maintenance and environmental management. EM also provides a wide range of logistic and associated services to ensure a safe and secure campus environment.
About the role
- $119,207 - $126,491 plus 17% superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term until March 2021
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The EM Data Manager is responsible for the management of data generated, used, published and shared by EM. The Data Manager will work with data owners, data stewards and other stakeholders to ensure that EM data is appropriately treated with respect to security, confidentiality, quality and retention requirements.
The Data Manager is collaborative and will form strong stakeholder relationships with internal and external individuals, teams and groups involved in the management of EM data.
The Data Manager works closely with the Information Architect (UNSW IT) for EM and with the Business Intelligence function within FM, assuring shared strategic and operational goals for EM Information and Data are achieved. The Data Manager provides high level strategic advice to EM senior management, UPP, IT at UNSW, and other Divisional and Faculty stakeholders on EM data management, information, system impacts and data related risk, taking an integrated, innovative and sustainable approach.
This position may represent EM on data management in internal and external forums and may deputise for the Information Architect (UNSW IT) when required.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications with extensive data management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership, management and delivery of data management objectives in a complex and diverse environment.
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution, reporting etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of the relationship between quality data, business objectives and systems.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in a formal architectural framework.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of Digital Transformation to achieve organisational goals.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills with the ability to synthesize complex issues and develop clear strategies.
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal and communication skills, high level negotiation expertise, proven ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people and develop and sustain effective working relationships.
- Ability and capacity to direct and monitor the implementation and effectiveness of the safety management process.You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Paul Kiefer, Senior manager Information & Systems
Applications close: COB, Thursday, 15 March 2018