2 days left
- Full Time
- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Academic Services, University Services
Salary: $63,707 - $67,613 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Scholarships Officer is a member of the Scholarships & Bursaries Team which sits within the Academic Services portfolio.
About the role
The Scholarships Officer supports the delivery of high standard scholarship services to over 15,000 undergraduate, graduate and research students. Working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, the Scholarship Officer assists with the administration of applications, recording and notification of outcomes, processing payments and variations to scholarship and providing high standard customer service to students and staff within the University.
- You will have undergraduate qualifications in a relevant discipline and or equivalent mix of education and relevant experience in a service orientated organisation
- You will have the ability to organise the work of self and others in a way that maximises the achievement of results, and to identify opportunities and problems before they occur and plan accordingly.
- You will be confident in your ability to to consistently provide high quality service, anticipate the needs of others, and improve service levels.
- You will be outcome focused with an ability to use reporting and metrics to ensure work is accurate and progressing towards desired outcome, and the ability to remove any barriers to ensure outcomes are achieved.
- You will possess effective written and oral communication appropriate to the context, and the ability to communicate complex matters in a clear and concise manner.
- You will have established computer literacy and be well advanced in learning and using new business enterprise systems, and using MS Office suite, in particular MS Excel to compile, analyse and manipulate data for reporting and work processing purposes.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 20 March 2018
Position Description & Selection Criteria
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria