Media and Content Manager
- Develop stories on a wide range of topics and disciplines
- Work closely with world-leading researchers
- Significant stakeholder management
Lead a creative, results driven, audience-centric media & content team, and cover ground-breaking discoveries with global economic and social impact!
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Currently implementing our ten-year 2025 strategy, we aspire to be Australia’s global university, improving and transforming lives through excellence in research, outstanding education and a commitment to advancing a just society.
The Media and Content team in the division of External Relations specialise in engaging, compelling storytelling that showcases research, academic excellence and a commitment to a just society. We are a passionate end to end, multi-channel and platform team working across digital, print and broadcast. We are creative, results driven and audience-centric.
Reporting to the Head of Media & Content, you will lead a small team responsible for multimedia content across Science, Engineering and Medicine faculties, and contribute to the University’s media and content strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the overall planning, coordination and curation of all content, ensuring strategic and effectively leverage across all channels
- Oversee the gathering, organisation and presentation of content and review final submissions, checking for relevance and quality
- Work with the team to manage requests from journalists for stories and information, and manage relationships with key journalists to seed and secure coverage
- Work closely with the Corporate Communications team to ensure brand consistency and work with technical experts to create multi-media rich stories for publication
- Oversee visual content production/editing process including photo/video shoot using low-fi technology (e.g. DSLR or mobile phone)
- Report content metrics and make recommendations
About the Successful Applicant
You can demonstrate your success working with a broad range of stakeholders to create consumable content for a wide-ranging global audience.
Key requirements include:
- Proven expertise in content production and execution across all digital mediums
- Good working knowledge of content marketing techniques, Google analytics and SEO optimisation, social media platforms for relevant content development
- Demonstrated leadership experience with ability to establish priorities and coordinate competing deadlines for a small team
- Good understanding of target audiences, with an effective writing style and understanding of high-impact messaging to key audiences
- Impeccable attention to detail to ensure accuracy, consistency and the ability to enhance and bring media content to life
- Ability to apply judgement, creativity and flexibility to generate new and innovative ideas and approaches and to solve problems
- Experience working with a variety of internal stakeholders and the ability to manage expectations
To Apply: Submit your CV, Cover Letter and Responses to Selection Criteria (listed in the Position Description). Please note documents must be in pdf format. Applications sent to the contact listed will not be accepted.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: +61 403 605 558
Applications close: 11 pm, 26th March 2018