Associate Professor/Professor in Social Work
- Drive one of the largest social work programs in Australia, taught across 5 campuses
- Join a research active social work group rated as above world standard with strengths in disability, child and family welfare, and health and wellbeing.
- $133,847 - $ 172,416 plus 17% superannuation, full time, continuing role Bundoora Campus
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2015), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
Foster excellence in teaching and research and contribute to the leadership of the Department and School, and for the University as a whole across five different campuses. You will have the opportunity to review and revitalise social work curriculum and make a significant contribution as an academic leader at La Trobe.
You will possess:
- Distinguished record of original, innovative and internationally recognised research and/or teaching, with evidence of its impact and significance.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and management experience in building and leading teams.
- Strong record of external research funding through competitive grants, contracts and/or consultancies; and the financial management of grants.
- Evidence of achievement in fostering and supporting the development of others, including early career staff.
- A sustained record of successful PhD student supervision.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Closing date: 4th of April
Position Enquiries: Melissa Favata 03 9479 2030
Please indicate which level position you are applying for.
Please address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description and attach these with your application.
How to apply
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact HR Assist on 9479 1234.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.