Associate Legal Counsel
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
About the role
- Part-time (3 days)
- Competitive Salary
UNSW is currently implementing a ten year strategy to 2025 and its ambition for the next decade is to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. The UNSW Legal Office provides legal advice and transactional legal services to UNSW and its controlled entities to support its strategy and operations.
This role will be to provide legal support for commercial transactions that have an IP focus, including copyright clearances, research contracts and clinical trial agreements.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Tertiary qualifications in law with a minimum of 7 years post admission experience in high quality legal roles.
- Admission to the Supreme Court of NSW and current practising certificate (or admission in another Australian jurisdiction and eligible to be admitted and practise in NSW).
- Ability to review, draft and advise on both standard and more complex commercial agreements including agreements relating to use and exploitation of IP.
- Proven strong analytical, drafting negotiation and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally.
Previous experience in the tertiary education sector is not necessary, but would be an advantage.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Deputy General Counsel
T: +61 (2) 9385 3897
Applications close: 18 March 2018