The Workforce and Capability Development Project Officer
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Computer Science and Engineering is part of the Faculty of Engineering at UNSW Australia. It is one of the largest Schools of our kind in Australia. The academic staffs have research focus in areas such as Artificial Intelligence, Databases, Embedded and Operating Systems, Networks, Security, Programming Languages, Service Oriented Computing, Software Engineering, Theory, and CSE closely collaborating with Data61.
About the role
- $91k - $99k AU
- six months fixed term
The Workforce and Capability Development Project Officer will have responsibility for the Education, Advice and Professional Development programme in the NSW Network for Cyber Security Research and Engagement. Education and professional development experience and background knowledge in Cyber Security are essential. This role will engage with government and industry along with the university partners in the Network.
The NSW Network for Cyber Security Research and Engagement is a NSW State Government funded initiative led by UNSW and brings together NSW’s universities, research organizations, industry and government, to work collaboratively on research and development to meet the State’s cyber security challenges.
About the successful applicant:
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree/Masters/PhD (or soon to be awarded) in Computer Science, Cyber Security or relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of Cyber Security education is highly preferred although not essential.
- High level planning and project management skills with extensive experience managing complex, strategic projects, preferably in education and professional development.
- Significant experience in working independently to produce project plans and manage projects through to successful completion, including the identification and resolution of project-related issues.
- Demonstrated experience in providing clear and concise specialist advice, recommendations and solutions through effective research, negotiation and consultation with key stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, capacity or potential to interact with industry, business, relevant authorities and professional organisations.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Understanding of equity and diversity principles.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Contact: Todd Williams E: Todd.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Sunday 18 March 2018