1 day left
- Part Time
Australian Research Council Laureate
UNSW Art and Design
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
The Project Officer will work in Professor Jill Bennett’s AUSTRALIAN RESEARCH COUNCIL LAUREATE team, located at UNSW Art & Design, Paddington.
The Experience Research Lab supports an exciting new transdisciplinary approach to the study of subjectivity with a focus on lived experiences of ageing, neurodiversity and mental health. In our state-of-the-art 3D immersive environment (EPICentre), we are developing a virtual Perception Environment that uses qualitative data to simulate ‘seeing through the eyes of another’. By these means we aim to advance understandings of the experiences of stigmatised and devalued populations, and to test methods for the promotion of empathy/remediation of stigma.
Our Laureate team spans psychology/social science, art/design, immersive media and data visualisation.
About the role
- $83K-$89K per annum (pro rate) plus 17% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term for 3 years (with potential for renewal for two further years)
- Part-Time (21 hours per week)
The Project Officer is responsible for providing efficient and effective support to the research program in subjective experience of ageing, neurodiversity and mental health. You will be part of a transdisciplinary team (spanning psychology/social science, art/design and data visualisation), who will be investigating the subjective/embodied experience of ageing and mental health.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven skills and experience in project management (certification desirable).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multidisciplinary creative team and with stakeholders with lived experience of ageing, neurodiversity, mental health.
- Superior skills in content and grant writing.
- Proven skills and experience in office administration including office suite, basic design programs, data management.
- Proven skills and experience in event and conference organisation
- Experience gained through personal experience of mental health, illness, disability, forms of marginalisation/discrimination/adversity, are enoured to appply.
- Demonstrated interest in the arts and /or arts and health
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Professor Jill Bennett, Director, National Institute for Experimental Arts (NIEA)
Applications close: 22 March 2018