Compensation and Benefits Specialist
Compensation and Benefits Specialist in the Human Resources Department (HR), Compensation and Benefits Group (CB).
The Group plays a key role in areas such as compensation and classification, performance evaluation and merit recognition, benefits and entitlements, health insurance, social welfare. The Group comprises around 20 members. The position works closely and provides support to the Group Leader in the design and implementation of the Organization's compensation and benefits policies and processes, and in the supervision and monitoring of the various HR processes under the Group responsibility.
As a Compensation and Benefits Specialist, you will:
- Participate in or lead the design and implementation of projects in the area of compensation and benefits and HR reform initiatives to meet the evolving needs of the Organization.
- Conduct and coordinate salary surveys and comparative studies assessing the market in the private and public sectors in the CERN Member States.
- Design reports and recommendations based on benchmarking, and quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Contribute to activities in the area of job evaluation and classification.
- Support team members in the analysis and documentation of complex cases.
Master's degree or PhD or equivalent relevant experience in the field of human Rrsources, business administration or finance, or equivalent.
Experience and competencies
The experience required for this post is:
- Proven experience as a compensation and benefits specialist in a multicultural environment, ideally in an international organisation.
- Experience in conducting salary studies.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Compensation & benefits.
- HR process design & development.
- Project Management.
- Application of statistical and numerical mathematical methods.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Learning and sharing knowledge: questioning traditional assumptions and ways of doing things; proposing ways to improve or streamline existing procedures, processes and methodologies; sharing knowledge and expertise freely and willingly with others; coaching others to ensure knowledge transfer.
- Solving problems: assimilating large quantities of information, identifying key issues and formulating conclusions clearly and concisely.
- Achieving results: following through on new ideas and innovations; planning and implementing application; driving work / projects along and seeing them through to their conclusion.
- Communicating effectively: delivering presentations in a structured and clear way; adjusting style and content to the audience; responding calmly and confidently to questions.
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written English: ability to understand and speak in professional contexts as well as the ability to draft texts for publications and/ or official communications and to make oral presentations.
- French: the ability to understand and speak in routine situations, or the undertaking to acquire it rapidly.
Eligibility and closing date
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 11.03.2018.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.