Manager, Recruitment and Promotions
- People & Culture, Organisational Development
- HEW 9, Attractive Salary + 17% Super
- 12 months fixed term opportunity, Hawthorn location
Swinburne is a place where your work can impact the national economy and wellbeing of our society. We promote diversity, support career development, provide flexibility and offer competitive salary packages.
People & Culture
The People & Culture department provides strategic advice and services to the University across the full range of human resource and internal communication activities.
The People & Culture unit commits to:
- Fostering a strategic approach to human resource management across the University;
- Creating an environment where staff are continuously learning and committed to the objectives of the University;
- Informing stakeholders of pro-active and contemporary Human Resources Management practices;
- Quality and continuous improvement in our services and functions;
- Delivery of professional and excellent customer service;
- Providing employees with a safe, non-discriminatory, and harassment free working environment;
- Engages, supports and inspires Swinburne’s most valuable asset, it’s people, by connecting them with the university’s vision and strategy.
About the job
An opportunity has arisen to join the Recruitment & Promotions team and be a part of an exciting HR Transformation, leading a team of experienced recruitment professionals.
The Manager Recruitment and Promotions, manages the recruitment and promotions function to ensure the provision of high level, strategic recruitment practices. Reporting to the Head of Organisational Development, this role will oversee the effective implementation and ongoing review of recruitment activities and a talent strategy that supports the University’s needs now and into the future. This role will also work closely with the wider Organisational Development team on other initiatives that drive Swinburne’s Employee Value Proposition and improve the employee experience and Swinburne’s employment brand.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- A degree with subsequent relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and / or education / training
- High level interpersonal communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience managing a service orientated, outcome driven team
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in the university workforce increases the effectiveness of teams and our capacity for innovation. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2017 and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2025 vision to be world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation. Swinburne has also received the Victorian “High Commendation” Multicultural Excellence Award (Business Category).
As a Swinburne staff member you will have access to many benefits such as career development opportunities including 50% study reduction and staff and management development programs. You will receive up to 17% employer contributions (pension) and various discounts on annual Myki cards, private health insurance and movie tickets. We also recognise the need to support the work/life balance and flexible needs of our staff. As such a range of flexible working arrangements including paid maternity/partner leave, onsite childcare, working from home and part time options are available.
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit:
How to apply
To start an application click on 'apply' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Floran Shirzad (Recruitment Consultant) via email@example.com
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on firstname.lastname@example.org, or our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Officer, Sherrin Trautmann on email@example.com.
Applications close at: 9 am Monday 19th March 2018