PhD Scholarship, Centre for Transformative Innovation, CSIRO History Project
- Faculty of Business & Law, Centre for Transformative Innovation
- PhD SUPRA Scholarship (CSIRO History Project)
- 3 years, Hawthorn Campus
About the scholarship
The Centre for Transformative Innovation currently has an opportunity for a PhD Scholarship commencing in 2018.
The purposes of the appointment are to:
- Advance the research performance of the Centre for Transformative Innovation, and;
- Provide research training to a high quality candidate who will make a substantial contribution to knowledge in the economics, sociology and history of innovation
PhD candidates are expected to develop their own independent research agenda. They will work under the supervision of Professor Elizabeth Webster, Professor Dean Lusher, Professor Tom Spurling, and/or Associate Professor Russell Thomson.
Priority topics or themes for the PhD candidate to focus on include the following:
- How have networks of entrepreneurs, innovators and scientists collaborated nationally and internationally to generate radical innovation since World War II?
- How have gender policies and gender discrimination affected innovation since World War II?
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Master’s degree or first-class honours undergraduate degree in microeconomics, applied econometrics, economic history, sociology and/or history of science at an advanced level
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent (e.g. Pearson Test of English (PTE) examination certificate with a minimum overall score of 6.5 with no individual band score below 6.0
- Ability to create academic publications in prestigious peer-reviewed Australian and international journals)
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
How to apply
To start an application click on 'begin' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description below.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Tom Spurling on +61 3 92145833.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Applications close at 5 pm, Friday 16th March 2018
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Economics & Econometrics Studentships jobs in Hawthorn
- Fixed Term History, Philosophy & Theology Studentships jobs in Hawthorn
- Fixed Term Social Sciences Studentships jobs in Hawthorn
- Fixed Term Arts & Humanities Studentships jobs in Hawthorn
- Fixed Term Business & Economics Studentships jobs in Hawthorn