Arabic Professional Development Specialist, National Center for Educator Development - Males only
College of Education- National Center for Educator Development
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The College of Education, founded in 1973, is the oldest college at the University of Qatar and remains central to realizing the goals of the Education Reform. Its mission is to prepare and develop educational practitioners and leaders that have the information, skills, and attitudes to support the personal development of every student in Qatari schools and to achieve comprehensive quality in meeting the educational needs and objectives of Qatari society. The top priorities of the College of Education are the excellence of its academic programs and the quality of its research activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The NCED Specialist is defined as one whose primary concern is the improvement of learning opportunities through the provision of instructional leadership. The Specialist has the role of decision-maker, consultant, and specialist in supporting administrators, teachers, and other professional personnel. Responsibilities include supporting curriculum development, leading and supporting instructional improvement, and providing Professional Development. The Specialist serves as a member of a team charged with the responsibility of planning, implementing, and evaluating an educational program relevant to the needs of the student population and the professional staff in a school.
Essential Position Functions:
- Conduct needs assessment for teachers, coordinators and school leaders.
- Update Professional Development plans based on specific needs of individual school’s Professional Development Plan.
- Provide day-to-day coaching and mentoring to teachers and coordinators
- Work with school staff to follow the Yearly Overview, displaying curriculum sequence in Arabic based on the curriculum standards.
- Assist in enriching the learning resources in the school for teachers and coordinators.
- Work with the academic staff to implement the SEC Assessment Policy and agreed procedures for summative and formative assessment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arabic.
- Doctorate or Master’s degree in Methods of Teaching the area of specialty.
- At least seven years of teaching experience in independent schools or similar school systems
- At least five years of experience as a subject coordinator, academic vice principal, or school principal.
Knowledge, abilities and skills:
- Knowledge of subject matter, pedagogy, and curriculum design
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle diverse tasks simultaneously using prioritization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Arabic and English
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and motivational skills
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.