Humanitarian Telecommunications Research Scientist
- Classification: Research Academic Level B
- Salary Range: $92,746 - $110,134 pa (pro-rata)
- Employment Type: Fixed-term, part-time (0.6 FTE), available for 2 months in the first instance
- Position Reports to: Senior Lecturer
- Please Direct Application Enquiries to: Dr Paul Gardner-Stephen
- Closing Date: 11:00 am, Friday 16 March 2018
The Humanitarian Telecommunications Research Scientist will enable better long-term planning and execution of various Humanitarian Telecommunications and related activities in the Resilient Telecommunications Laboratory.
The Resilient Telecommunications Laboratory undertakes a wide variety of grant-funded activities relating to the creation, testing, productisation and dissemination of new resilient telecommunications technologies. It is important for the laboratory to build long-term institutional knowledge, and we thus seek an individual who is able to understand complex requirements and design, implement and refine a variety of primarily software-related research outputs. Example activities include researching, designing and implementing new routing protocols, delay tolerant networking protocols and user software, based on input from key stake-holders such as the New Zealand Red Cross and the UN World Food Programme.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Information For Applicants:
You are required to provide a submission of no more than three pages, stating how your current and/or recent experience meet the requirements of the position description.