Research Associate in Biomechanics
- Classification: Research Academic Level A
- Salary Range: $72,339 - $88,102 pa
- Employment Type: Fixed-term, full-time, available for 2.5 years
- Position Reports to: Lecturer in Biomedical Engineering
- Please Direct Application Enquiries to: Dr Saulo Martelli
- Closing Date: 11:00 am, Friday 16 March 2018
The Research Associate in Biomechanics will be involved in research within the Medical Device Research Institute and will be required to make significant contribution to performing research in the area of orthopaedic biomechanics.
The Research Associate in Biomechanics will contribute to the generation of the Virtual Human Knee, a project funded by the Australian Research Council (DP180103146). The project will advance knowledge of knee mechanics in healthy adult people through a highly multidisciplinary approach combining elements of experimental mechanics, imaging, and modelling and motion analysis. Expected outcomes include advancing current knowledge of knee mechanics and a tool for improving current injury prevention methods and knee reconstruction surgery applicable to each single individual.
Information For Applicants:
You are required to provide a submission of no more than three pages, stating how your current and/or recent experience meet the requirements of the position description.