Senior Manager, Technical and Research Support
SALARY RANGE: $119,980 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and continuing
LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
FURTHER INFORMATION: Previous applicants need not apply
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Manager, Technical and Research Support is responsible for creating and implementing strategies to achieve the goals and objectives of the Institute for Frontier Materials (IFM), the Institute for Intelligent Systems Research and Innovation (IISRI) and Carbon Nexus with respect to Environment, Health and Safety, Technical Support and Academic Support.
This will include:
- Provide direction and leadership to the Technical Services Team and Academic Support Team within IFM, IISRI and Carbon Nexus with responsibility for strategy and policy development.
- Manage the development and implementation of an organisational framework that ensures the best support for the research activities of the academic staff and higher degrees by research (HDR) students.
- Oversee the acquisition, installation and commissioning of new areas of research including procedures, inductions, new equipment, overseeing building works and work systems.
- Oversee the OH&S related activities of the Manager, Health, Safety and Environment, ensuring an effective interface between groups that leads to consistency of practice.
- A postgraduate qualification in a relevant science, engineering or technology discipline.
- Experience working in a research or higher education environment.
- Extensive experience and management expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to develop collaborative work teams.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Virginie Hoareau, Tel: +61 3 5227 2122
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 25 March 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.