Lecturer in Cultural Studies and Media
- An exciting opportunity to utilise your Teaching and Research Skills
- Work with Leading Academics
- Full-time, continuing
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
One of the leading arts and humanities faculties in Australia, Macquarie's Faculty of Arts is home to bold thinkers and passionate educators who are asking the big questions about the world. United in the spirit of interdisciplinary discovery we explore the human story from its earliest foundations in ancient cultures to its exciting future. Our research is gaining global recognition and with two research centres, two museums and state-of-the-art media facilities, we empower our staff to transform themselves and the world around them.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
Within the Faculty of Arts, the Department of Media, Music, Communication and Cultural Studies (MMCCS) comprises of a number of disciplines dedicated to understanding contemporary media, and to developing valuable practical skills. It is the largest department within the Faculty of Arts and offers students flexibility with their degrees to ensure a well-rounded, customised study program.
We are seeking a dynamic cultural studies and media lecturer with proven interdisciplinary skills. This position will be involved in teaching both face-to-face and online courses in cultural studies with some knowledge of media studies. Knowledge and expertise in one or more of the following areas would be desirable: biopolitics, race, sexuality and gender, animal studies, critical and cultural theory, environmental humanities, media studies/theory. The successful candidate will have an established research track record and clear research strategy for the future.
To be considered for this position, please submit your application online, including a covering letter outlining your suitability for the position (not more than 2 pages) and your resume.
- PhD in Cultural Studies and/or Media or related discipline;
- Evidence of high quality tertiary teaching in Cultural Studies and Media
- Experience in course or program design;
- Experience in working with interdisciplinary programs;
- Evidence of an established research career in scholarly publications relative to opportunity;
- A coherent and intellectually ambitious medium-term research strategy;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work as part of a collegial team;
- Demonstrated experience to make a contribution to the academic life and administrative tasks of the Department.
- Evidence of ability to attract competitive grant funding
- Experience of teaching in the online environment.
Salary Package: Level B from $99,879 to $118,174 per annum, plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing position
Enquiries: Professor Nicole Anderson, Head of Department of MMCCS at email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday 1 April 2018 at 11:55pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.
More searches like this
- Permanent History, Philosophy & Theology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Communication & Media Studies Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Social Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Arts & Humanities Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney