Associate Professor in Law
- Teaching and Research focused role
- Work in an innovative and supportive academic environment
- Attractive salary package including 17% superannuation
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by a beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
One of the leading arts and humanities faculties in Australia, Macquarie's Faculty of Arts is home to bold thinkers and passionate educators who are asking the big questions about the world. United in the spirit of interdisciplinary discovery we explore the human story from its earliest foundations in ancient cultures to its exciting future. Our research is gaining global recognition and with six research centres, two museums and state-of-the-art media facilities, we empower our staff to transform themselves and the world around them. Macquarie Law School within the Faculty of Arts was established in 1972 and has a rich history in legal education, scholarship and community engagement. A hallmark of all of our programs is a commitment to the interdisciplinary study of law, which is designed to foster a sound understanding of legal doctrine as well as an awareness of the role of law in society and a developed sense of social justice.
The Law School has been involved in online learning since its inception and continues to develop its online learning delivery. Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
The Department is seeking an outstanding Associate Professor with specific expertise in one of the following research areas: legal theory and the philosophy of law; environmental law; international law, including Law of the Sea; and the national and/ or legal aspects of cybersecurity. The successful candidate will come with an international scholarly reputation and with demonstrated experience in providing leadership to both junior and senior staff in the field. The successful candidate will assist in strengthening the national and international profile of the Law School. Candidates with experience working in an interdisciplinary environment; working with government and industry; and online teaching experience will be well-regarded.
To be considered for this position applicants must respond to the selection criteria below and attach it as a separate document in the application process in addition to your CV and a 1-2 page cover letter:
- A PhD or equivalent relevant doctorate;
- Outstanding contributions to scholarship and research in the discipline as evidenced by ongoing publications in top tier journals and recognition as an eminent authority in the discipline;
- Leadership skills and extensive experience in mentoring research students and staff members;
- A national and international reputation in research;
- Proven ability to attract industry funding or competitive grant funding;
- Demonstrated willingness to undertake management responsibility at a senior level in the Department, and to contribute at the faculty and the University level;
- Distinguished record of high-quality teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, and HDR supervision;
- High quality interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated commitment to teamwork;
- A demonstration of professionalism, sense of responsibility and integrity in matters pertaining to all related academic activities of the University, Faculty and the Department;
Salary Package: from $146,462 - $161,099 p.a. (Level D), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
Specific Role Enquiries: Professor Ben Schreer, Acting Dean, Macquarie Law School on email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday 8th April 2018 at 11.55pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.