Project Officer, Student Opportunities, Maker Games
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW has graduated more entrepreneurs and CEO’s of ASX-listed companies over the last 15 years than any other university in the country. UNSW Engineering is the leading contributor to Australia’s STEM innovation ecosystem. It is Australia’s largest engineering faculty with 9 schools, over 12,000 students and 600 staff. It has active relationships with over 500 industry impact partners big and small, local and international. This role is based in the Education Team, UNSW Engineering.
About the role
- AU$91K-$99K plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading less
- Fixed Term until 19 December 2018
The Maker Games is a rapid prototyping course in which students work collaboratively, applying their engineering skills and innovative ideas to solve real-world industry challenges. It is a Program that seeks to bring real-world industry challenges to UNSW Engineering students in the environment of a competitive innovation challenge, enhancing the student experience and developing career-ready graduates. As the Faculty scales this to a Signature event, we are seeking participation of up to 500 students, linking Maker Games in to their curriculum as a robust and engaging learning experience.
In your role as Project Officer, you will coordinate the effective delivery of this complex unit of study and manage a successful transition from its original competition-based format to a formally accredited elective course. You will engage effectively with Academics and Industry Partners to design and deliver a robust course structure that complies with accreditation requirements, including planning the course schedule and coordinating marketing, communications to industry and students and managing several events associated with the Maker Games.
Find out more about the Maker Games here.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Possess a relevant degree or qualification with relevant work experience, or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Have a strong working knowledge of relevant project management frameworks and recent experience working with a range of stakeholders and leading the successful delivery of a complex project.
- Demonstrate marketing capability and experience in coordinating corporate events, functions or conferences.
- Demonstrate organizational capability, including the capacity to meet deadlines and work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Evidence a high digital proficiency including advanced knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint; with web, database and related computing skills.
- Display excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop good relationships and work as part of a team.
- Evidence excellent oral and written communication skills.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed or fail to complete the selection criteria.
T: 02 9385 6233
Applications close: Sunday 18 March 2018