Research and Administrative Assistant
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Centre for Eye Health, an affiliate institute of UNSW is a referral only ocular imaging clinic implementing clinical research to improve best current practice in the diagnosis and management of eye disease. Ongoing projects specifically focus on long-term data collection, interpretation, and development of new clinical paradigms for chronic progressive disorders such as glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy and age-related macular degeneration.
About the role
The Research Administrative Assistant provides support to our research team. You will be required to develop an understanding of eye test and disease related parameters to effectively assist with the associated extraction, manipulation, management and analysis of large data. Due to our strong focus on clinical research and education, the successful candidate will also be involved in patient testing and interaction, preparation of educational materials, and assist with the delivery of courses and exams
- $57,089 - $63,703 plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term until 31 January 2019
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Completion of Year 12 and relevant experience, or completion of a Certificate or Associate Diploma in a relevant discipline, or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Good computer skills including data entry, management, and manipulation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, with proven ability to provide high level customer service to a wide range of stakeholders of various backgrounds and levels of seniority
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Barbara Zangerl, Research Fellow
T: (61 2) 9385 0793
Applications close: 31st March 2018 or until a suitable candidate has been found.