Professor of Medicine
Nepean Clinical School, Sydney Medical School
About the opportunity
We are currently seeking a Professor of Medicine to be responsible for the success of both the clinical and academic components of the Division of Medicine at Nepean Hospital and Sydney Medical School Nepean.
As Professor of Medicine, you will:
- show evidence of outstanding academic scholarship and achievement in addition to a strong clinical background
- have a strong track-record of sustained external research funding
- have a national and international reputation and provide mentorship for a growing research division
- be responsible for achieving clinical excellence and maintaining financial viability of the division under the direction of the Clinical Director of Medicine and in conjunction with the Director of Medical Services
- provide leadership in the development, implementation and promotion of medical programs at Nepean Hospital designed to deliver patient care that is safe, personal, coordinated and of the highest quality and value
- collaborate with the Division of Medicine and across other divisions and departments to develop annual and long-term plans for improving health care quality, safety, process improvement and value
- have demonstrated experience and knowledge of strategic planning and financial management including budgets, operations improvement, and health system development and management
- have demonstrated experience in promoting a culture that is collaborative, team oriented, and one that respects the skill sets and opinions of all faculty and staff
- hold relevant qualifications - medical degree, higher degree, FRACP, PhD.
The Professor of Medicine incorporates a substantive support package which includes a Research Assistant, Administration Assistant, and access to funding from the Sydney Medical School Foundation and Nepean Medical Research Fund. The position offers the opportunity to participate in a unique research ecosystem, with access to the research infrastructures of the Charles Perkins Centre, Brain and Mind Centre and the Professor Marie Bashir Centre as part of the academic component of the appointment. There is also scope to occupy 0.1 FTE at the University’s Camperdown Campus.
Research activities at Sydney Medical School Nepean encompass access to wet-laboratories; collaborations with the University’s engineering and information technologies, nursing and dentistry faculties; clinical research; and epidemiological studies in an ethnic population that is representative of the Australian population in its entirety.
Term and remuneration
The appointment is on a full-time continuing basis, subject to the completion of a satisfactory probation period fornew appointees, and a competitive salary package will be negotiated with the successful applicant. Membership of aUniversity approved superannuation scheme is a condition of appointment.
How to apply
For more information on the position, faculty and University, please view the candidate brochure available on the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 267/0218 for more information and to apply.
Closing date: 11.30pm (AEDT) Thursday 29 March 2018
We are committed to diversity and social inclusion. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, people who identify as LGBTIQ and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
© The University of Sydney