Manager, Indigenous Employment
Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Indigenous Leadership and Engagement)
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Indigenous Leadership and Engagement) (PVC (ILE)) is seeking to recruit a Manager, Indigenous Employment to lead the development and implementation of programs and activities to increase the representation and participation of Indigenous staff at UTS.
The Office of the PVC (ILE) is responsible for providing leadership across UTS in relation to the University’s Indigenous strategies and has key positions within it relating to significant areas of cross-university strategic importance such as Indigenous employment; internal Indigenous strategic engagement; and alignment with external stakeholders and opportunities.
Responsibilities of the Manager, Indigenous Employment include:
- Developing and leading Indigenous Employment Initiatives, programs, policy, strategies and best practice facilitating employment and professional development for Indigenous Australians.
- Collaborating with Indigenous communities, external Indigenous employment agencies and funding organisations to build an Indigenous recruitment strategy that attracts Indigenous applicants and supports their development in the workplace.
- Providing retention and career progression opportunities for existing Indigenous employees at UTS.
You will also develop Indigenous competency amongst non-Indigenous staff; increase Indigenous economic engagement; identify and source funding for key programs and select sponsorships; and Undertake internal and external reporting, research and data analysis relating to Indigenous employment performance.
To be successful in applying for this role, you should have:
- Experience planning, coordinating, monitoring, and reviewing projects and activities related to improving employment outcomes for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people.
- An understanding of employment and education matters as they relate to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, preferably in the higher education sector.
- High-level strategic thinking and project management skills, with particular emphasis on strategic management and implementation.
- High-level communication skills, both written and verbal, including presentation and public speaking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a particular ability to engage, influence and build relationships with stakeholders at all levels, and from diverse backgrounds.
- Well-developed negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated research, data analysis and report-writing skills.
Base Salary Range: An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered.
Our commitment to work/life support includes benefits such as flexible work practices, childcare centres, generous parental leave and support to carers.
This position is full time and appointment will be made on a fixed term basis for 4 years.
How to Apply
Prior to commencing your application for IRC105889, please review the Position Description and the relevant selection criteria- click on the apply link to be taken to the relevant page. You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document.
For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Answering Selection Criteria.
Please note that only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. Current UTS employees should apply through their UTS Employee Self Service function.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC105889.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at email@example.com or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: Wednesday 21st March 2018 at 11:59pm (AEST)
Reflecting the UTS commitment to Indigenous employment, in the UTS Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy 2015 - 2018, this vacancy is open only to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants as per Section 21 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).