Defence Export Officer
1 day left
- Full Time
- Classification: Higher Education Officer Level 7
- Salary Range: $81,878 - $90,855
- Employment Type: Continuing, full-time
- Position Reports to: Deputy Vice Chancellor (Research)
- Please Direct Application Enquiries to: Professor Robert Saint
- Closing Date: 9:00 am, Friday 23 March 2018
Under broad direction, the Defence Exports Officer is responsible for the coordination of support and administration in relation to the University’s compliance with Defence Export Controls (DEC) and support the Biosafety Officer in the quarantine components of the Biosecurity Act.
The Defence Exports Officer will provide quality and timely advice to researchers, Deans of Research and other relevant staff on DEC and assist with the development of compliant research proposals.
In addition, the Defence Exports Officer will collect and submit relevant statistics to statutory bodies on behalf of the University, contribute to the development of compliance processes, training and education for researchers pertaining to DEC legislation and quarantine components of the Biosecurity Act.
The position will work closely with the Defence Partnerships Director; the Director, RDS; assist the Biosafety Officer with quarantine matters and report directly to the DVCR.