Education Support Officer
School of Psychiatry
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Medicine is a national leader in learning, teaching and research, with close affiliations to a number of Australia’s finest hospitals, research institutes and health care organisations. With a strong presence at UNSW Kensington campus, the faculty have staff and students in teaching hospitals in Sydney as well as regional and rural areas of NSW including Albury/Wodonga, Wagga Wagga, Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie. The School of Psychiatry is widely reputed as the pre-eminent psychiatric department in the country and one of the leading psychiatry departments internationally.
About the role
- $83,653 - $89,238 plus (9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading)
- Fixed Term 12 months (with possible conversion to continuing position)
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Education Support Officer assists with the implementation and evaluation of learning, teaching and assessment programs for both undergraduate and postgraduate coursework within the School. This position reports to the School Manager and works with Academic Program Authorities and Course Convenors to support the effective design and development of undergraduate and postgraduate programs and courses, instructional strategies and learning activities, assessment and feedback methods, and the creation of engaging and supportive learning environments. The role’s objective is to support program, course and resource delivery. The role of Education Support Officer reports to the School Manager and has one direct report.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Relevant degree (e.g., Business, Communications, Project Management, Education, Arts) and experience or equivalent competency gained through another combination of education, training and experience
- Results driven with exceptional organisational skills and the ability to operate autonomously while demonstrating strong initiative and a proactive approach to driving process improvement
- Demonstrated success in managing a high volume, process-driven administrative environment with variable work flows
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Applications close: 14 March, 2018