Marketing and Communications Specialist
6 days left
- Full Time
Description of Work Unit
INTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimatize to life on a US university campus and prepare for long-term academic success. Since 2006, INTO has launched partnerships to internationalize 24 universities in the US, UK and Asia. Universities in the US include: Oregon State University, University of South Florida, Colorado State University, Marshall University, Drew University, George Mason University, Saint Louis University, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Washington State University and Suffolk University.
INTO Colorado State University (INTO CSU) is a Limited Liability Corporation formed through the partnership of INTO University Partnerships and Colorado State University (CSU). CSU is one of the nation’s premier land-grant teaching and research universities with a total enrollment of over 28,000 students. The university has been consistently ranked as a top-tier institution by the U.S. News and World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges and Universities” and named by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance Magazine as one of the top public universities for its educational quality and affordability. Nestled at the base of the Rocky Mountain foothills, the campus is located in Fort Collins, a city of approximately 144,000, 65 miles north of Denver.
This position will report directly to the Marketing and Recruitment Manager at INTO CSU, with a functional responsibility to the Director of Marketing and Communications, North America, based in San Diego, California. The incumbent will work closely with the Executive Director at INTO CSU to identify and prioritize the marketing needs of the center.
As a member of the INTO North America team, the Marketing and Communications Specialist for INTO CSU develops print materials and digital content to promote the university and drive student recruitment from global markets to INTO. This position will manage, organize and implement a wide range of projects/ activities/tactics primarily focused on those defined in the recruitment and marketing plan that support student recruitment, education counselor training and enrollment goals. The successful candidate also will be responsible for general center marketing and communications activities, including events planning and center visits from agents and prospective students. The candidate is expected to work both independently and creatively as well as collaboratively with all stakeholders to achieve goals.
The Marketing and Communications Specialist will be responsible for generating content for the following audiences:
- INTO Regional Offices
- International educational counselors (agents)
- Colorado State University constituents
- INTO North America Senior Management
- INTO CSU Board
- Local Media Partners and Audiences
- Center students and staff
Key accountabilities and duties
This is a valued role in a growing, dynamic organization. Accountabilities of the position may change and develop over time, but will include the following:
Marketing Content Development:
- Exercise creative judgement in developing and organizing print and digital content that promote enrolment growth initiatives in (University) and INTO CSU programs in collaboration with centre recruitment staff. These materials include but are not limited to: brochures, flyers and other print collateral; video content, student testimonials; website content and social media posts, Powerpoint presentations and student pre-arrival communications.
- Author and produce engaging, student facing content, including but not limited to student, staff and faculty testimonials distributed through various marketing channels (print, video, social media)
- Supervise, coordinate and conduct photo and video shoots on university campus.
- Serve as liaison between center leadership and other key university stakeholders (VP Enrolment, Provost, Chief Communications Officer) for the INTO North America marketing team for the review and approval for all marketing and communications materials.
- Work in partnership with the INTO North America marketing team on the production of the above-mentioned items.
Recruitment and Events Planning:
- Serve as the lead events planner organizing various recruiting and marketing focused on-campus events that promote the university and INTO CSU programs. Supervise administrative staff in this capacity.
- Travel domestically and internationally to promote CSU (approximately 10%) and its academic, pathway and language programs.
- Management of logistics and activity for large scale familiarization trip events (one week-long on campus events promoting the JV to international audiences of recruiters and educational counselors.
Resources and Project Management:
- Identify and manage appropriate INTO and university resources to support timely and accurate execution of all marketing projects and initiatives, as directed by INTO North America marketing team.
- Develop and implement an annual marketing collateral and content calendar for INTO CSU.
- In collaboration with Marketing Recruitment Manager develop and manage center marketing budget.
- Select, produce, order, track and ship merchandise needs for events.
- Identify and contract with local vendors for print, merchandise, special events and other materials.
- Management of student interns and other temporary resources, when and if applicable.
- Coordinate additional INTO Marketing and Communications projects as assigned.
- Other duties as required.
This position is based at Colorado State University located in Fort Collins, Colorado.
Domestic and international travel are required to meet the demands of this position and may include working outside normal operating hours.
Required Job Qualifications
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of three years professional marketing and communications experience, with evidence of creative production skills and public relations experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, English, journalism, communications or related field
- Comprehensive knowledge of grammar and writing, information gathering via the Internet and other sources and fact checking
- Exceptional written and oral communications, research, spelling, grammar and proofreading with a thorough understanding of AP grammar style
- Experience using MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite to produce marketing materials from existing templates
- Demonstrated ability with video production and photography.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex and data-centric topics to international lay audiences
- Experience with events planning, from concept through completion
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Commitment to building relationships with potential students, students, peers, senior managers, university stakeholders and external vendors
- Demonstrated experience writing about higher education
- High level of sensitivity to cultural differences and awareness of global perspectives
- Passion for international education, working collaboratively and upholding brand standards
- Resourceful, creative and able to meet deadlines
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to deploy and manage resources effectively with initiative, priority and time management
- Ability to maintain sound judgment and decision-making even when under pressure
- Eligible to work in the U.S., no relocation provided
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Experience studying abroad or working with international students
- Understanding of the creative development and production process
- Familiarity with website content management systems
- Experience managing projects, events and logistics
- Familiarity with email marketing
- High energy level and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on approach to customer service and business growth
- Experience working in higher education, or an international higher education partner
- Sense of humor, flexibility and an ongoing curiosity to learn about international higher education
- Proficiency in a second language other than English
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with individuals of diverse background and advancing diversity and equity causes
How to apply
To be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume at the following location:
PLEASE NOTE: YOU WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO UPLOAD A SINGLE DOCUMENT (PDF PREFERRED). BE SURE TO INCLUDE ALL OF YOUR PAGES TOGETHER AS ONE UPLOAD. ONCE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GO BACK AND EDIT OR REAPPLY.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Search Contact Stuart.Howells@colostate.edu
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.