Career Advisor, School of Law's Graduate Tax Program
Boston University School of Law’s Graduate Tax Program (GTP) is designed to provide domestic and international lawyers with an in-depth look at current tax law. The program’s student body is comprised of both recent graduates of law schools and experienced practitioners in the areas of law and accounting.
The Office of Graduate and International Programs seeks a temporary, part-time Career Advisor to handle all aspects of professional development for the GTP’s full-time and part-time LL.M. students. This is a three-month, 20-30 hours per week contract position to start in mid-March. The compensation is $30/hour.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Serving as the main point person for all GTP career-related issues, queries and events.
- Advising GTP students on career options and networking and preparing individual job search plans.
- Reviewing resumes, cover letters and business correspondence and running mock interviews.
- Organizing and running programs and events, including career panels, visits with alumni and employers and off-campus visits to tax employers and tax-related venues in the Boston area.
- Monitoring tax-related jobs and opportunities.
- Communicating with students about tax-related jobs and opportunities and regularly posting opportunities on BU’s job databases.
- Entering student and alumni data into various databases and keeping track of student and alumni interview and job placement information.
The preferred candidate will have:
- J.D. degree
- Practice experience
- An interest in or ability to succeed at career advising
- Knowledge of legal careers, legal job resources and the job market
- Experience in working with international lawyers/students
- Demonstrated organizational and oral and written communication skills
A background in tax is desired but not necessary for this role.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make “Tax Career Advisor Application” the subject line of your email.
Job Location Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular