Manager, Strategic Communications
Classification: Senior Manager 1 (Administration)
Salary package: $109,432 - $114,744 per annum plus up to 17% Superannuation
Terms: Full time, Continuing
- This position operates as the Chief of Staff of the ANU newsroom, providing effective leadership, supervision, direction and guidance to the ANU media team, the production of high quality and newsworthy stories and generating strong favourable media coverage for ANU.
- The role helps to advance the University's reputation as the nation's finest and one of the world's greatest universities and provides assistance and advice to the Director and senior leaders on strategic communications matters.
- The Manager strategic communications helps raise the capacity of the University community to engage with the media through the identification and development of new ANU media talent, training, advice and feedbac.
ANU Strategic Communications and Public Affairs (SCAPA) tell the ANU story. SCAPA contributes to achieving the University's strategic goals by shaping public opinion, fostering ANU engagement and critical relationships, harnessing pride within the institution, and showcasing ANU excellence.
The Manager Strategic Communications is a leadership role primarily concerned with facilitating ANU positioning nationally and internationally as the most significant tertiary institution in the country. The roles take management responsibility for the ANU newsroom ensuring that performance is managed and strategic objectives are met through the production of high quality and newsworthy stories and proactive engagement with ANU external stakeholders and the ANU community. The Manager, Strategic Communications provides assistance and advice to the Director, University Executive, and senior staff within Colleges and Divisions on strategic communications matters.
For more information, please contact Penelope Cox, Ph: 6125 8399 E: email@example.com
Closing date: 15 March 2018
Position description: Manager Strategic Communications.docx
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on firstname.lastname@example.org
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing each of the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.