Business Partner, Knowledge Exchange, Engineering and Science
- Work with world-class academics and facilitate industry research partnerships
- Provide guidance, strategic support and stakeholder relationship management
- Opportunities in Science and Engineering, including Computing (AI, Blockchain, Robotics)
Support UNSW researchers to increase knowledge exchange revenues from industry research, consulting and continuing education partnerships.
The Division of Enterprise is responsible for UNSW’s innovation agenda and will significantly increase the University’s knowledge exchange revenue over the next five years through broad partnership with research organisations, industry and government, and help transform Australia's economic base.
As an embedded resource within the Faculties of Engineering and Science, you will engage with academic staff to provide strategic support, coaching, guidance and education to promote and build the knowledge exchange revenue generating capability across all channels including research partnerships (contract and collaborative), as well as consulting and continuing education, and identification and management of Intellectual Property (IP). Additionally, you will operate as the key person between the Faculty and the Knowledge Exchange Business Development Team and Strategic Partnerships Team.
About the Successful Applicants
You can demonstrate your experience supporting knowledge exchange revenue generation including:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Significant experience in a relevant field within Science and/ or Engineering (including Digital, Machine Learning, AI, IoT, Robotics, as well as Physical Sciences, Advanced Materials, Devices, and Chem/Civil/Elec Engineering)
- Track record of developing and closing technology and R&D related business
- Ability to influence researchers, senior management and stakeholders and build long lasting relationships
- Ability to identify opportunities at an early stage and develop them into a successful engagement
- Demonstrated experience in developing and writing business case for industry and government
Your application should include a CV, cover letter and responses to the selection criteria listed in the Position Description. Please note all documentation must be in pdf format
Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: 02 9385 2401
Applications Close: 11 pm Wednesday 21st March 2018