Assistant Director of Gifts and Donor Relations
JOIN BU’s $1.5 BILLION CAMPAIGN TEAM
If you want to join a dynamic, mission-driven team in the best college town in the U.S.—at a prestigious university that knows where it wants to go, and is competitive in its compensation and benefits—consider us. If you want to help bring a $1.5 billion-dollar campaign to a successful conclusion—and maybe do some of your best work as an advancement professional—consider joining our team.
This historic effort will depend upon a dedicated, creative, and diverse staff. Boston University’s Development and Alumni Relations’ top leadership includes outstanding individuals recruited from some of the best institutions in the world and is led by Senior Vice President Scott Nichols.
The purpose of the Department of Gifts & Records is to optimize and maintain data integrity for the biographical records of its constituency (over 1.2M records), and manage the recording of gifts (an average of 50,000 transactions a year The Assistant Director will report to the Associate Director of Gifts, and will primarily be responsible for the accurate production and mailing of donor reports through the Development Office’s Blackbaud eCRM (BBEC) system. These include but are not limited to the donor Fund Financial Reports, Campaign Commitment Reports and Pledge Status Reports. The production and review of these reports requires attention to detail and close coordination with the Stewardship and Donor Relations department as well as the Prospect Managers. He/she will also be responsible for other donor outreach like sending tax receipts, assisting with tribute letters, responding to donor related queries and tackling issues with gifts that require donor input. In addition, this position will also assist with making gift updates, performing fund transfers when new funds are created and maintaining general gift data accuracy. At times, this position will assist with regular gift processing and record updates.
- Produce and distribute donor related reports. These are the fund financial report, campaign commitment report and pledge status reports. This process includes downloading reports from the BBEC system, verifying the data, printing cover letters, getting them signed, obtaining additional information and approval from prospect managers and finally mailing them out. With each run, he/she would also be responsible for streamlining this process and suggesting enhancements to the reports.
- Coordinate with applicable offices around campus to ensure the timely and accurate incorporation of information required for donor reporting within BBEC. This includes getting periodic financial data from the Comptroller’s office and scholarship recipient data from the Enrollment and Student Affairs Department (ENSA). He/she will also be responsible for all entry (automated or manual) of related data. This will include data transfers from third party systems.
- Responsible for regular gift updates and gifts data integrity, including but not limited to the transfer of revenue transactions once new funds are established or when funds are updated by the university financial system due to cost center changes. He/she will also be responsible for identifying data anomalies for donations and ensuring corrections in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for contacting donors regarding gift related errors, including declined credit cards, incomplete checks and unspecified designations. Mail tax receipts and tribute letters daily. Send reports outlining individual donor giving as needed.
- At times, this position will assist with regular gift processing and also assist with record updates as needed.
Candidates must have three to five years experience and a bachelor’s degree is required. Additionally, advanced analytical and proofing skills, along with strong written communication and collaboration are essential. Experience in an institution of considerable organizational complexity is also preferred.
Boston University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Location Boston , Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular