Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Educational Assessment
Department of Educational Sciences
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The College of Education, founded in 1973, is the oldest college at the University of Qatar and remains central to realizing the goals of the Education Reform. Its mission is to prepare and develop educational practitioners and leaders that have the information, skills, and attitudes to support the personal development of every student in Qatari schools and to achieve comprehensive quality in meeting the educational needs and objectives of Qatari society. The top priorities of the College of Education are the excellence of its academic programs and the quality of its research activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
The College of Education has an opening for Assistant / Associate/Full Professor of Assessment in the Fall semester 2018 (Sept, 2018) with a strong background in university teaching and research (Educational Assessment & Evaluation) and in providing professional development to pre- and in-service teachers. The candidate will be expected to conduct and publish research, bring innovation to instruction, and engage in other scholarly activities that contribute to the college, the university, and the community.
Application Deadline: 2017
Position Start Date: Fall, 2018
Position Category: Academic
Position Term: Three Year Renewable Full-Time Contract
Candidates will be considered for the position on the basis of the selection criteria below. The candidate should address these criteria in the application:
- Teaching experience in higher education in the field of Education Assessment.
- An active research profile in the field of specialization.
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative, collegial environment.
- Experiences teaching courses related to school finance and resource management, foundations of leadership, and management of school information systems.
- A record of achievement that warrants appointment at the rank of Associate Professor.
- Bilingual Arabic/English
- Doctorate in Educational Assessment or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years teaching experience with demonstrated evidence of excellence in teaching
- Excellent ICT skills
- Academic and professional record including promotions, advancement, publications, and presentations.
- Experience with quality assurance and (NCATE/CAEP) accreditation will be a plus.
- Completed university online application,
- available at http://recruit.qu/edu.qa/pls/recruitment/recruiter.rec
- Current curriculum vitae
- Letter of interest outlining leadership, teaching, and research expertise and reasons for your interest in this position
- At least three references including contact number and email addresses.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.