Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
SALARY RANGE: $116,428 to $133,881 pa pro rata effective 1 March 2018 (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time (0.8 - 1.0 EFT) and continuing
LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Lecturer in Medical Education will be required to teach, undertake research, publish and attract research funding in the area of the Doctor and Patient Theme. The Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery degree is transitioning to the Doctor of Medicine (Masters Extended) in 2019 (pending AMC accreditation in 2018). The accountabilities listed will still apply following successful transition to the MD.
This will include:
- Overall course development, delivery, maintenance and review of the Doctor and Patient Theme across Years 1 to 4 of the Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery course.
- Designing, implementing and evaluating clinical teaching and assessment consistent with Quality Assurance principles for teaching, learning and assessment.
- Developing and nurturing links and partnerships with clinical sites, professional bodies, the national medical education network and the wider community.
- A medical degree and registration with AHPRA.
- Demonstrated ability to make a significant contribution to the Faculty's teaching programs in clinical skills and clinical medicine through personal teaching and academic leadership.
- Experience in undergraduate or postgraduate clinical education.
- Demonstrated personal qualities of leadership, innovation and high motivation.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Dr Janet McLeod, Tel: +61 3 5227 1027, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 25 March 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: http://www.deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.