Assistant/Associate Professor in Teaching Methods of Social Studies
Department of Psychological Sciences
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The College of Education, founded in 1973, is the oldest college at the University of Qatar and remains central to realizing the goals of the Education Reform. Its mission is to prepare and develop educational practitioners and leaders that have the information, skills, and attitudes to support the personal development of every student in Qatari schools and to achieve comprehensive quality in meeting the educational needs and objectives of Qatari society. The top priorities of the College of Education are the excellence of its academic programs and the quality of its research activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
Candidates will be considered for the position on the basis of the selection criteria below. The candidate should address these criteria in the application:
- Teaching experience in higher education in the field Teaching Methods of Social Studies.
- An active research profile in the area of specialization.
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative and collegial environment.
- Ability to use ICT for personal and professional purposes.
- A record of achievement that warrants appointment at the rank of Assistant / Associate Professor.
- Doctorate in Educational sciences / Teaching Methods of Social Studies.
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience with demonstrated evidence of excellence in teaching.
- Bilingual Arabic/English
- Completed university online application, available at http://recruit.qu/edu.qa/pls/recruitment/recruiter.rec
- Current curriculum vitae
- Letter of interest outlining leadership, teaching, and research expertise and reasons for your interest in this position
- At least three references including contact number and email addresses.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.