Assistant Professor in Special Education
Department of Psychological Sciences
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The College of Education, founded in 1973, is the oldest college at the University of Qatar and remains central to realizing the goals of the Education Reform. Its mission is to prepare and develop educational practitioners and leaders that have the information, skills, and attitudes to support the personal development of every student in Qatari schools and to achieve comprehensive quality in meeting the educational needs and objectives of Qatari society. The top priorities of the College of Education are the excellence of its academic programs and the quality of its research activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
Selection Criteria: candidates will be considered for the position on the basis of the selection criteria below. The candidate should address these criteria in the application:
- Bilingual (Arabic & English).
- Highest earned degree from prestigious institution.
- Has teaching experience in the area of specialization at the university for more than three years, at the prestigious University.
- Has experience and research activities, and numbers of papers published in prestigious international journals.
- Has the ability to work with the team in collaborative environment.
- Has The ability to use information and communication technology for personal and professional purposes
- Has records of achievement and CV refers to the degree of his/her appointment to the position advertised.
- Has some experience in supervising field students at the undergraduate level.
- PhD in special education from prestigious university.
- Experience in research and teaching in special education at prestigious university.
- Has record in the Under-Graduate studies program.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
- Documents required:
- Completion of the download all data and information on the university online application site, which is available at the following link: https://careers.qu.edu.qa/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?OAFunc=IRC_VIS_ADV_JOB_SEARCH_PAGE&_ti=416938566&oapc=2&oas=TD_-OvtkpZMAbTOEpekD-A..
- Updated CV.
- Personal statement explaining the applicant’s role in leadership, education, research and experience, expressing the reasons for applying for this position.
- At least one recommendation and two references, including contact details and addresses of e-mail providers stated number of these recommendation/references.